These sessions include dialogue, creativity, and a whole lot of self-exploration.
“Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.” - Brene Brown
Expressive Art Therapy is a therapy of imagination. Creativity is a powerful catalyst for change. Through creative expression, you will alleviate stress, calm your mind and focus on healing. We start by not knowing what will come. Most images will end up looking abstract – but they hold significant meaning for you. You don’t have to be ‘good’ at art or creativity, no previous experience is necessary. It’s about the process, not the product. Unless you share your work, no one will see the things you create in these sessions.
The intention with these sessions is to guide you to a place where you feel grounded; finding your centre, and working toward living a life enriched by the things you do. Together, we will work toward self-awareness and discover how to assess bodily clues when stress and anxiety rear their ugly heads. As a social worker, I believe every individual has the ability to live a joyful, more intentional and authentic life. My goals are to help you increase self-awareness, maintain mindfulness, and create a new outlook on self-expression.
Your story matters, you matter, your well-being matters. The good, the bad, and the ugly – they all make up who and why we are. It’s ok if you’re not ‘fine’ right now, it's ok that you’re feeling a little dark, and it’s more than ok that you are seeking out the light. Life can be messy and sometimes we lose track of who we are. We need to get back to honoring our wishes, desires and most importantly ourselves.
These sessions are for you if…
- You’re feeling mundane and stagnant in your life.
- You don’t really know what’s ‘wrong’, or alternately, you do know what’s troubling you.
- You're feeling overwhelmed by life’s expectations and ‘need a break’.
- You find yourself saying ‘busy’ when someone asks how you are.
- You're looking for clarity and inspiration.
- You're ready to make a change.
This is not for you if you are...
- Resistant to change.
- Not ready for true insight and honesty about who you are and how you want to live your life.