We are all creative people. Trusting in our bodies is part of the process. Trusting ourselves is even more important. Every week begins by not knowing what the art will bring froward.
You can feel it, can't you? That unrest, that quiver of unease, that sense of despair. If you decide to show your bravery and walk among the wilderness while showing vulnerability, I will hold space for you. I will hear you. I will see you. We all will.
I've been told that I say this (a lot) "Its ok, that its not ok right now" and when working with mothers I think this an essential message. Here are ten things (no, eleven) that you are likely to experience in this group:
- The realization that inner work always starts with yourself
- Acceptance of what you cannot control (aka. other people)
- Moving towards living a more intentional and authentic life
- The ability to move past distractions and scattered thoughts
- Accessibility to unconscious thoughts - and your ability to alter them (aka. cognitive distortions, the stories we tell ourselves)
- Realizing the "part you play" in your life & interpersonal communications
- Sitting with your feelings, beginning to know them, learning from them
- Permission to go into the deepest parts of yourself
- Something new comes into being - enhancing your desire for self expression (and to be seen & heard)
- Increased blood flow while creating
- Improvements in immune system, blood pressure, heart rate and respiration